Rectal Computer Rectal Computer

No joke. Flash crashed the second this finished XD

SPACE WALRUS SPACE WALRUS

Now there are few minutes i will never get back.

Mob Squad: Episode 2 Mob Squad: Episode 2

Loved this one as well. Here is some criticism though.
Pros:
- I liked the jokes and the animation doesn't seem so bad.
- I liked the fact you used game footage.
- The characters' personalities are funny and makes the cartoon fun to watch.
Cons: (sorry for the longness)
- The art is good, but the characters don't have much animation. I like watching these and I believe you could make make them much faster if you continued to use presets, but if you don't add anything more to the characters you run the risk of the visual effect getting boring. The script is funny, but needs the visual to back it up. I found myself already wanting something different to look at.
- The mobs look good and have a distinct style, but I don't find the characters unique. All the characters have wonderful personality, but don't have anything unique in how they look. I watch Slamacow's Minecraft animations on youtube. He has each of his mob characters have something about them that makes them look different than the others. It wouldn't be hard for you to do the same and it would make the animation more special (as special as another minecraft animation could ever possibly be :P)
- As I have said before, the jokes are good. I have a bad feeling though that the story isn't going anywhere. I don't know if you have a story line planned out or the future scripts written, but so far it just seems like gags I will forget a day later. Even family guy has a way of making pointless gags, but still keeping a fast paced memorable plot. I find the series much less appealing when I think the story is going nowhere. You are a good animator and you should give this series a good story before it loses all its momentum.

In a nutshell, keep up the good work and I look forward to the next episode. :)

The Cloud The Cloud

As someone who has followed you for years this was quite the emotional experience. Had you been another creator, I just would've quit the game, but I held out thinking you would do something to make up for it. I played that last level for 10 MINUTES (i don't know what it must've been like before) just because I wanted to make sure you didn't just end the game will the dude killing himself.

Oh well.

Even besides that the game is borderline indefensible. You are playing someone who suffers from depression and depict them doing everything they can to not be happy. The most frustrating part of the game literally has you dodging happiness. WTF dude. I would like to say you were trying to do something good, but it came off as teenage angst that in the end just forces you to lead the embodiment of misery-guts to kill himself.

Touch on serious topics, fine, but put some thought into it man. You are more creative than this.

Here is my recommendation. Have a game where the gameplay feels like the emotion you are trying to present. Also, have a sad story that ends on a happy note. Maybe it is just the ones I've played, but your games have a tendency to get you invested and then just ending suddenly with "yep, life sucks. Period. Bye."

Keep on keeping on. I know your best work is ahead of you. I don't want to be mean, I just thought I would let you know.

JackAstral responds:

This project was kinda created as an alternate to my other game The Darkness Within You, hence the final medal description saying "there's not always a light at the other end"- a reference to that game's ending

While that one ended in an uplifting way, I guess this tried to show an alternative ending- if the character didn't try to find the light, and instead searched for darkness. That's why you're collecting sadness and avoiding happiness...builds on the whole light/dark (life/death) metaphor thing that's in almost all my games

I've updated the game a bit to curve the difficulty and make it a bit more exciting and fast paced...probably should have done that sooner :p

White Umbrellas White Umbrellas

Neat story. The gameplay is pretty bare, but the art an sound is quite fitting. The fact this was posted 6 days after my 18th birthday freaks me out, but whatevs. Keep up the good work!

Radar Adventure Radar Adventure

It is good to see that you have improved after leaving scratch (we still miss you). The game was good overall. Dying seemed to be buggy and unpredictable and the boss fight was cheap, but besides that, good game.

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! Good point about dying- I guess you can never really tell if you're going to fall down to a platform below or be re-spawned...I'll look into fixing that up!

Scratch was really awesome- the community and program- but I guess I felt it was time to move on. I might make another scratch project some day though :)

[Island Map] [Island Map]

Nice tune, the main theme at the beginning is really (for lack of a better word) abrasive is you wearing headphones. Beside that, it's a neat tune.

HarraH responds:

sounds fine on mine but then again I have good headphones. I wouldn't suggest trying to enjoy music on ipod headphones.

Jingle Jingle

super solid track. I wish it would loop so it didn't seem so short, but what is there is great. On the nitpicky side of things, I wish the drums were quieter. They are building it up instead of letting it actually be ambient.

eatmeatleet responds:

thanks!

Title Theme Piano Title Theme Piano

Nice. The song was very smooth but at the same time it never was boring. I could definitely see this a background music for a game. If you are planning on changing anything I would suggest maybe having some conflict to resolution in the middle of the song instead of it just repeating itself.

Mawnz responds:

Thank you! I've never considered adding something to this, but I might try something like what you suggested ^^

Elara Tracksuit Elara Tracksuit

Really nice. The background should've just been left a solid color, but the drawing itself is smooth.

Shishizurui responds:

yeah, i wanted something at least

News Delivery News Delivery

nice

Mr Gimmick! Mr Gimmick!

nice design, but I don't know the game.